Tuesday 21 September 2010

It's been a long time...

Hey all, this is my new blog. The last blogs I have done have been project specific (Self Help, RETARDO) where as this is one that I could just continue with, share some thoughts and maybe even some work in progress.

True to say I didn't really do much on previous blogs, and didn't really have many people following, however this time I hope to utilise this medium as much as I can.

So what have I been up to in the past ages since RETARDO?



Well, where I am at the moment, I am a Junior CG Artist working as part of the NSC Creative team based at the National Space Centre, Leicester - http://www.nsccreative.com/

I have worked there almost a year now, and have worked on a number of exciting projects with the team, including a sterioscopic 4D adventure for Edinbourgh's Our Dynamic Earth museum, and a television advert for the National Space Centre, as well as other projects mainly in pre-vis stages.



Other than work I have passed my motorbike licence, though I am still waiting for the licence to arive... I have been playing around with a cello and just the other night started a writers course. I have been getting into writing in my spare time, and have been reading much more, working my way through Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

As for personal works, I have been finding it hard to find the motivation. However, I have decided to kick myself into gear and start a short based on Robert Louis Stevenson's Jekyll and Hyde. I am pleased to say that I can show you a quick glimpse of the WIP...


Im not sure how fast this project will pass, so don't expect updates all the time... I have a number of other things on at the same time, so time to sit and play with this may be sparse.

Other than all that, at the moment I am mostly reading Edwin A. Abbot's Flatland, mainly listening to Joanna Newsom (who I recently watched at the Palace Theatre in Manchester), and verily enjoyed Scott Pilgrim in the movie world. In the comic world, I would advise people to check out Gerald Way's Umbrella Academy - very interesting story, and beautifully illustrated.

Anyway, I think that will be all for now!

Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment